Loaded Smashed Taters Recipe
- 2-1/2 pounds baby Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 cup 2% milk, warmed
- 1/2 cup spreadable garlic and herb cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain; return to pan. Lightly mash potatoes, gradually adding milk, cream cheese and butter to reach desired consistency. Stir in bacon, cheeses, green onions, tomatoes, parsley, salt and pepper. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Loaded Smashed Taters
Sort By :
"Great variation on regular mashed potatoes. My sons loved the bacon; we enjoyed the different cheese flavors and substituted chives for the parsley. We doubled the recipe and needed to adjust the prep time upward."
"Delicious to the eye and easy to make. DH and I thought it good, but, with so many ingredients, it was hard to taste the potatoes, and it overwhelmed our palates. We did not enjoy the garlic and herb cream cheese and would use plain garlic and herbs. I cut down on the bacon to 8 slices from the pound recommended and cut out the butter, but everything else I kept the same. Thank you Andrea for the inspiration."
"Over-the-top and delicious!"