Loaded Red Potato Casserole Recipe
"This potato casserole has the same flavor of the potato skins you can order as a restaurant appetizer," shares Charlane Gathy of Lexington, Kentucky. "It's an ideal dish for tailgating and potlucks."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:9 servings
- 16 small red potatoes
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1. Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. Mash potatoes with the milk, butter, pepper and salt. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese and bacon.
- 3. Dollop with sour cream; sprinkle with chives and remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 254 calories, 17 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 422 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC