- 16 small red potatoes
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Mash potatoes with the milk, butter, pepper and salt. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese and bacon.
- Dollop with sour cream; sprinkle with chives and remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Loaded Red Potato Casserole
Sort By :
"I just made this for my husband and I. WOW, as my husband put it "this is a keeper!" The only change I made was to use some garlic salt and eliminate the sour cream (not my husband's favorite). Oh, sorry I did use Real Bacon Bits instead of bacon. SUPER!"
"Great recipe. Everyone at my church function raved over the dish"
"Everyone in my family loved this amazing side dish. The only changes I made to the recipe was leaving out the sour cream and minced chives (food intolerance/allergies)."
"I made this for a father's day dinner, since it's lower in carbs than most potato dishes and my father is diabetic. My whole family went wild for it - even my kids, who normally don't care for potato skins. I only peeled half of the potatoes and thought the amount of skin was perfect. I also used reduced fat sour cream, reduced fat cheese and center cut bacon to cut some of the fat."
"I make this for any get together and I always get asked to bring it again. To make it quick I use bacon bits. Tasted great"