Fancy enough for company, these baked potatoes look like you fussed but are really simple to fix. Our home economists sliced each one into a fan, covering them with cheese, bacon and savory seasonings. (For a quick how-to on creating potato fans, turn to page 50.)
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup real bacon bits
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Scrub potatoes. With a sharp knife, slice potatoes thinly but not all
- the way through, leaving slices attached at the bottom. Place on a
- microwave-safe plate; drizzle with butter. Combine the Parmesan
- cheese, rosemary, salt and pepper; sprinkle over potatoes and
- between slices.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 12-18 minutes or until potatoes are
- tender. Top with cheddar cheese, bacon and onion. Microwave for 1-2
- minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 435 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 607 mg sodium, 68 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 15 g protein.