Loaded Potato Recipe
- 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped tomato
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 hot baked potato
- 1. Combine the first five ingredients. With a sharp knife, cut an X in the top of the potato; fluff pulp with a fork. Top with cottage cheese mixture. serve immediately. Yield: 1 serving.
1 potato (prepared with fat-free cottage cheese and fat-free cheddar cheese) equals 245 calories, 563 mg sodium, 11 mg cholesterol, 38 gm carbohydrate, 22 gm protein, trace fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable.