A plain baked potato will seem boring after you've tried a Loaded Potato. The recipe was created by Jill Werle of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan back when she was single. "It goes great with any meat and can even be a quick lunch," informs this field editor.
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped tomato
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 hot baked potato
- Combine the first five ingredients. With a sharp knife, cut an X in
- the top of the potato; fluff pulp with a fork. Top with cottage
- cheese mixture. serve immediately. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1 potato (prepared with fat-free cottage cheese and fat-free cheddar cheese) equals 245 calories, 563 mg sodium, 11 mg cholesterol, 38 gm carbohydrate, 22 gm protein, trace fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable.