- 2 pounds red potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 pound Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing
- 1/4 cup ranch salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Coarsely ground pepper, optional
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat, until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings.
- Drain potatoes and place in a large bowl. Add bacon and reserved drippings; toss to coat. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Whisk the mayonnaise, dressings, sour cream and mustard in a small bowl. Pour over potato mixture; toss to coat. Stir in onions and cheese. Sprinkle with pepper if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Loaded Potato Salad
"Great recipe! I make it about once a month for the family plus I often take it to potlucks. I make my own Caesar and ranch dressings as needed so I don't have to keep those on hand. I also use the precooked bacon which I finish in the microwave. I heat it on a paper plate then scrape the bacon grease into the salad. I don't get the full amount called for, but still get some of that good flavor."
"I made it exactly as the recipe was written, my family LOVED this potato salad!!!"
"The best potato salad ever. This was a total hit! The only thing I did different was I didn't have bacon at home but had bacon bits. Every 2tsp of bacon bits is equivalent to 1 bacon strip. So I had added about 24 tsp. Then with not adding bacon I needed to add salt and that I added to taste."
"I have made this a few times. My husband loves it! It was a real hit when I served it at a 4th of July party. I followed the recipe as directed. Try this!"
"Very strong flavor. I think next time I will cut down the dressings."
"Not your average potato salad.....real crowd pleaser!"
"I made this today and followed the recipe exactly. It is delicious. My husband said this is definitely a "keeper"."
"Just made this today and think it's great. Nothing like the potato salad I'm used to but it's a nice change. I will make it again."