Loaded Pizza Recipe
This big pizza smothered with toppings is one of my specialties. I like to prepare a bunch at Christmastime, dress up as Santa Claus and deliver them to friends.
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 cup each chopped green pepper, sweet red pepper, ripe olives, white onion and red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 teaspoons cornmeal
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 27 pepperoni slices (1-3/4 ounces)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, peppers, olives, onions and garlic in 1 tablespoon oil until tender; remove and set aside. In the same skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Grease a 14-in. pizza pan and sprinkle with cornmeal. On a floured surface, roll dough into a 15-in. circle. Transfer to prepared pan.
- 3. Build up edges slightly; prick dough thoroughly with a fork. Brush with remaining oil; sprinkle with garlic powder. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce, parsley, Italian seasoning and pepper; spread over crust.
- 5. Top with the vegetables, meat mixture and pepperoni. Sprinkle with cheeses. Bake for 17-20 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice: 543 calories, 34g fat (12g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 1145mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein
Reviews for Loaded Pizza
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC