Loaded Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
From Mesquite, Texas, Jacque Thomas shares these classic oatmeal cookies loaded with chewy flavor—and also with coconut, chips, pecans and cinnamon!
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually stir into creamed mixture. Stir in oats, chocolate chips, coconut and pecans.
- 2. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately remove to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 cookie equals 166 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 144 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Loaded Oatmeal Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC