From Mesquite, Texas, Jacque Thomas shares these classic oatmeal cookies loaded with chewy flavor—and also with coconut, chips, pecans and cinnamon!
Recommended: 57 Bake Sale Recipes That’ll Earn Big Bucks
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually stir into creamed mixture. Stir in oats, chocolate chips, coconut and pecans.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately remove to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Loaded Oatmeal Cookies in Cooking for 2 Spring 2006, p15
Reviews for Loaded Oatmeal Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 6, 2012
"This recipe was easy to make however the cookies taste fairly bland. I would not make this exact recipe again however I might use it as a starting point for a different modified cookie"