My husband is a picky eater, but this healthy pizza has lots of flavor and he actually looks forward to it. And leftovers are no problem, because this is one of those rare meals that tastes better the next day. —Mary Barker, Knoxville, Tennessee
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- In a small bowl, mash black beans. Stir in the onion, yellow pepper, chili powder and cumin. In another bowl, combine the tomatoes, jalapeno and garlic.
- Place crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan; spread with bean mixture. Top with tomato mixture and spinach. Sprinkle with cilantro, pepper sauce and cheeses.
- Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 slices.
Originally published as Loaded Mexican Pizza in Light & Tasty February/March 2008, p37
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Loaded Mexican Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review