Loaded Mexican Pizza Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, mash black beans. Stir in the onion, yellow pepper, chili powder and cumin. In another bowl, combine the tomatoes, jalapeno and garlic.
- 2. Place crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan; spread with bean mixture. Top with tomato mixture and spinach. Sprinkle with cilantro, pepper sauce and cheeses.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 slices.
1 slice equals 297 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 566 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 15 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.