- 5 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese blend, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and place in a large bowl. Add the sour cream, milk, butter, salt and pepper. Beat on medium-low speed until light and fluffy. Stir in 2 cups cheese, bacon and onions.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Top with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 14 servings.
Reviews for Loaded Mashed Potatoes
Sort By :
Absolutely delicious. I love loaded baked potatoes and this recipe makes it so easy to do it for a crowd. It also makes a very attractive dish.
I've made this several times and my husband loves it. I always halve the recipe: 4 medium potatoes, 4 slices of bacon, but 3 green onions, since there is no such thing as too much green onion. :-) Made these again tonight, but discovered at the last minute that the sour cream had gone bad. So I substituted some crumbed feta cheese. Awesome!
It was a huge hit and will make again.
The guys have declared this a Keeper! Big hit this Thanksgiving.
Made it for a family get together. Everybody loved it. Yes, I'll make it again for this Thanksgiving. It is a winner.