Loaded Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 5 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese blend, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and place in a large bowl. Add the sour cream, milk, butter, salt and pepper. Beat on medium-low speed until light and fluffy. Stir in 2 cups cheese, bacon and onions.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Top with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 14 servings.
Reviews for Loaded Mashed Potatoes(38)
Sort By :
I've made this several times and my husband loves it. I always halve the recipe: 4 medium potatoes, 4 slices of bacon, but 3 green onions, since there is no such thing as too much green onion. :-) Made these again tonight, but discovered at the last minute that the sour cream had gone bad. So I substituted some crumbed feta cheese. Awesome!
It was a huge hit and will make again.
The guys have declared this a Keeper! Big hit this Thanksgiving.
Made it for a family get together. Everybody loved it. Yes, I'll make it again for this Thanksgiving. It is a winner.
I love mashed potatoes with any meal and I like the ingredients used in this. I make one similar but only use sour cream and cream cheese. It never dawned on me to make them loaded!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Potatoes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Side Dishes >
- Mashed Potato Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >