- 5 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese blend, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and place in a large bowl. Add the sour cream, milk, butter, salt and pepper. Beat on medium-low speed until light and fluffy. Stir in 2 cups cheese, bacon and onions.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Top with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 14 servings.
Reviews for Loaded Mashed Potatoes
"I made these over the holidays and they were a big hit. It was nice to be able to prepare them ahead of time and just pop them in the oven."
"The recipe is delicious. I don't eat dairy so I swapped out the cheese for daiya cheddar, the milk for soy milk, and earth balance for the butter. It worked famously and my dairy eating roommates loved it too. Thanks for posting the recipe."
"Im 15 wasnt sure if i would be able to pull it off because im not much of a cook but i just got finished, eating it now and its AMAZING ! Definately going to show this recipe to my family. Thank u for sharing !(:"
"I prepared these delicious potatoes for our Christmas dinner and they were the hit of the dinner. Everyone loved them and I had to send half of what was left home with son and daughter in law. We all went back for seconds. Other than omitting the onions, I followed the directions exactly. This recipe has found a permanent place in my recipe file. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home."
"Absolutely delicious. I love loaded baked potatoes and this recipe makes it so easy to do it for a crowd. It also makes a very attractive dish."
"I've made this several times and my husband loves it. I always halve the recipe: 4 medium potatoes, 4 slices of bacon, but 3 green onions, since there is no such thing as too much green onion. :-) Made these again tonight, but discovered at the last minute that the sour cream had gone bad. So I substituted some crumbed feta cheese. Awesome!"
"It was a huge hit and will make again."
"The guys have declared this a Keeper! Big hit this Thanksgiving."
"Made it for a family get together. Everybody loved it. Yes, I'll make it again for this Thanksgiving. It is a winner."