Loaded Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Tired of the same old mashed potatoes, I whipped up this new family favorite. We can't get enough of them at our house. Often, I'll prepare this dish ahead and refrigerate it. Then I bake it just before serving.
- 5 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese blend, divided
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1. Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and place in a large bowl. Add the sour cream, milk, butter, salt and pepper. Beat on medium-low speed until light and fluffy. Stir in 2 cups cheese, bacon and onions.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Top with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 14 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC