Loaded Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 3 pounds potatoes (about 9 medium), peeled and cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Mash potatoes with cream cheese, sour cream, butter and milk. Stir in the cheeses, bacon, onions and seasonings. Transfer to a large bowl; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Transfer to a greased 3- or 4-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 3 to 3-1/2 hours. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Loaded Mashed Potatoes(21)
Sort By :
My family is picky about mashed potatoes. They want them GOOD! And this recipe was a HIT! We didn't have pepper jack cheese, so we just used cheddar and added onion and garlic SALT as well as the powder. We can't wait to try it again with the pepper jack cheese.
I loved the idea of keeping it in the crockpot until it's time for dinner. What a great idea! I made a note to do that on Thanksgiving next year . I may end up preparing potatoes earlier in the day and putting them in the crockpot as a rule!
I made these for our neighborhood progressive dinner party, doubled the recipe except for the potatoes, used a full 10 lb bag, used fat free cream cheese and sour cream. Everyone raved! Froze the leftover in small dishes to enjoy one meal at a time.
These taste great! I doubled the recipe for a large Christmas party. I love simple recipes I can prepare the day ahead.
My family liked this variation. It was easy to make but added a new sensation to the tongue! they were creamy.