Loaded Mashed Potato Bake
These comforting and creamy mashed potatoes from the Test Kitchen will warm up guests on a cold winter evening. Loaded with all the right ”stuff,” this side is an instant pleaser.
4 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 pound red potatoes (about 3 medium), cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup real bacon bits, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- In a small bowl, beat the potatoes, milk and butter until blended.
- Stir in 1/2 cup cheese, 3 tablespoons bacon bits, garlic powder and
- Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle
- with remaining cheese. Top with onion and remaining bacon. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through and
- cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 268 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 647 mg sodium,