Loaded Mashed Potato Bake Recipe
These comforting and creamy mashed potatoes from the Test Kitchen will warm up guests on a cold winter evening. Loaded with all the right ”stuff,” this side is an instant pleaser.
- 1 pound red potatoes (about 3 medium), cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup real bacon bits, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat the potatoes, milk and butter until blended. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese, 3 tablespoons bacon bits, garlic powder and salt.
- 3. Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Top with onion and remaining bacon. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1/2 cup equals 268 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 647 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Reviews for Loaded Mashed Potato Bake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC