We’re all so busy and pressed for time that I find myself creating recipes that are generally fast to prepare, proving that you don’t have to spend all day in the kitchen to obtain fabulous results. Here’s a favorite of mine that combines crunchy M&M's and gooey chocolate all nestled into a flavorful blondie.—Averie Sunshine, San Diego, California www.averiecooks.com
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 18 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate M&M's
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line an 8-in.-square baking pan with foil, letting ends extend up sides of pan; grease foil.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg, brown sugar, butter and vanilla until blended. If desired, mix flour with baking soda and salt; add to brown sugar mixture. Stir in cookies.
- Spread into prepared pan; sprinkle with M&M's. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs (do not overbake). Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Lifting with foil, remove from pan. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Loaded M&M Oreo Cookie Bars in Easy Back to School Meals Digest 2014
Reviews for Loaded M&M Oreo Cookie Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review