Loaded Grilled Chicken Sandwich Recipe
I threw these ingredients together on a whim and the sandwich turned out so well, I surprised myself! If you're in a rush, microwave the bacon. Just cover it with paper towel to keep it from splattering too much. —Dana York, Kennewick, Washington
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons Italian salad dressing mix
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 4 ciabatta or kaiser rolls, split
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 cooked bacon strips, halved
- 4 slices tomato
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound deli coleslaw (about 1 cup)
- 1. Pound chicken with a meat mallet to flatten slightly; sprinkle both sides with dressing mix. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly.
- 2. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Place cheese on chicken; grill, covered, 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Meanwhile, grill rolls, cut side down, 1-2 minutes or until toasted.
- 3. Mix mayonnaise and mustard; spread on roll tops. Layer roll bottoms with chicken, bacon, tomato, avocado and coleslaw. Replace tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC