I threw these ingredients together on a whim and the sandwich turned out so well, I surprised myself! If you're in a rush, microwave the bacon. Just cover it with paper towel to keep it from splattering too much. —Dana York, Kennewick, Washington
Featured In: 21 Recipes to Make with Avocado
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons Italian salad dressing mix
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 4 ciabatta or kaiser rolls, split
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 cooked Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, halved
- 4 slices tomato
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound deli coleslaw (about 1 cup)
- Pound chicken with a meat mallet to flatten slightly; sprinkle both sides with dressing mix.
- On a greased grill, cook chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Place cheese on chicken; grill, covered, 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Meanwhile, grill rolls, cut side down, 1-2 minutes or until toasted.
- Mix mayonnaise and mustard; spread on roll tops. Layer roll bottoms with chicken, bacon, tomato, avocado and coleslaw. Replace tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Loaded Grilled Chicken Sandwich in Simple & Delicious June/July 2014
Reviews for Loaded Grilled Chicken Sandwich
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 17, 2015
"Sandwich is flavorful and delicious. I make this meal a lot for my family."
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2014
"I thought it was tasty but, as written, I feel it would be too much. I chose to serve the slaw on the side.The best part of this dish, in my opinion, was the *sauce.* I doubled the amount of mayo & mustard and added about a teaspoon of crushed rosemary. Mmmm... My mind immediately began thinking of all the possibilities this sauce could be used for.Thanks Dana! :)"