Loaded Flank Steak
I wanted to do something different with London broil, so I stuffed it with bacon, green onions and ranch dressing. The recipe is fast, but it's a little bit fancy, too. —Tammy Thomas, Mustang, Oklahoma
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 to 2 pounds)
- In a small bowl, beat the first five ingredients. Cut a pocket
- horizontally in steak; fill with butter mixture.
- Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 5-7
- minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for
- medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°;
- well-done, 170°). Let stand 5 minutes before serving. To serve,
- slice across the grain. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011
, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now