Loaded Cheddar-Corn Potato Patties Recipe
Make these small for the perfect bite-size appetizer. Pile them on a cake platter, and watch the pile disappear. —Darlene Brenden, Salem, Oregon
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 cups mashed potato flakes
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 1-3/4 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, mix sour cream and 2 tablespoons green onion; refrigerate until serving.
- 2. In a large bowl, mix the potato flakes, cornmeal, garlic salt and paprika. Add the milk, corn, cheese and remaining green onions; mix until blended. Using 1/2 cupfuls, shape mixture into twelve 3-1/2-in. patties.
- 3. Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Cook patties in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with sauce. Yield: 1 dozen (1 cup sauce).
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC