Loaded Cheddar-Corn Potato Patties Recipe
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 cups mashed potato flakes
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 1-3/4 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, mix sour cream and 2 tablespoons green onion; refrigerate until serving.
- In a large bowl, mix the potato flakes, cornmeal, garlic salt and paprika. Add the milk, corn, cheese and remaining green onions; mix until blended. Using 1/2 cupfuls, shape mixture into twelve 3-1/2-in. patties.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Cook patties in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with sauce. Yield: 1 dozen (1 cup sauce).
Reviews for Loaded Cheddar-Corn Potato Patties(2)
Sort By :
The first time I made these they fell apart. The second time I traded the 1/3 cup of cornmeal for one package of jiffy corn bread mix and one egg. They held together and tasted great. I shared this recipe with other family members too.
At first I wasn't sure these were going to turn out. I let the mixture sit for 5 minutes or so to let the milk soak in. Then I was able to make them into patties. I also added some cayenne pepper after I tasted the first batch and they were kind of bland. An interesting mixture of potato pancake and corn fritter.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Condiments >
- Corn Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Side Dish Recipes >
- Sauces & Toppings Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >