My kids love loaded potatoes in restaurants, so I modified them to make at home. Using the microwave for the potatoes will save you about 10 minutes. I also use thin-skinned red potatoes instead of russets to save on peeling time. —Tena Kropp, Aurora, Illinois
- 1-1/2 pounds red potatoes, cubed
- 1/4 pound bacon strips, chopped
- 3/4 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Sour cream
- Place potatoes in a microwave-safe dish and cover with water. Cover and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon. Drain potatoes; saute in drippings until lightly browned. Add the ham, cheese, salt, pepper and bacon. Cook and stir over medium heat until cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Loaded Breakfast Potatoes in Simple & Delicious February/March 2012, p37
Reviews for Loaded Breakfast Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review