Loaded Baked Potato Salad Recipe
- 5 pounds small unpeeled red potatoes, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 3 dill pickles, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 to 3 teaspoons prepared mustard
- Place the potatoes in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 40-45 minutes or until tender. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, eggs, bacon, cheese, onion and pickles. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise and mustard; pour over the potato mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 20 servings.
Reviews for Loaded Baked Potato Salad(20)
Sort By :
As noted by other viewers, the first time I made it, it did lack flavor. Second time around I did things different and BOY did the recipe pop! I kept all the ingredients but changed the sauce. 1 cup Miracle whip, 1 cup sour cream, 1 packet Hidden Valley ranch mix and thinned out with half cup of half and half. Fantastic! Try It!
I, too, had very high hopes for this recipe--it has a great list of ingredients. But we didn't love it. There is something just a bit off in the dressing. As another reviewer commented, more dressing is needed to coat the quantity of potatoes, but I'm wondering if the problem for our tastes is that the mayo kind of negates the special flavor of the sour cream? I'm just not sure, but while this recipe isn't bad, it just isn't as wonderful as I'd imagined it might be.
I don't know why some reviewers said this had no flavor. I wonder if they made any changes to the recipe? I enjoyed all these ingredients together as did my boyfriend. We will make this again for sure!
I really had high hopes for this but it was dry and the flavors never really came together. People ate it but nobody raved about it. It took way too long to be this mediocre.
The ingredients are all things that my family likes however together the texture and tastes were confusing....we were not a fan of this recipe and I ended up dumping it.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bacon Recipes >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Salad Recipes >
- Creamy Potato Salads >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Salad >
- Potato Salad Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Salad Recipes >