- 5 pounds small unpeeled red potatoes, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 3 dill pickles, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 to 3 teaspoons prepared mustard
- Place the potatoes in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 40-45 minutes or until tender. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, eggs, bacon, cheese, onion and pickles. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise and mustard; pour over the potato mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 20 servings.
Reviews for Loaded Baked Potato Salad
Sort By :
"Worlds best potato salad!! A huge hit! Definitely worth all the prep it requires!"
"To 4-days----I make potato with dill pickle relish and also with yellow mustard and sometimes with dijon mustard. I live in Ga and we kind of like things a little bit tangy. Some people use sweet pickle relish instead of dill relish."
"My grandmother always mashed the potatoes, in her potato salad. It was a different twist and very good."
"Haven't tried but have a question. I love "loaded baked potatoes" but have never put a pickle on them. Sounds strange to me but want to know if anyone has tried it with out the pickle. Still taste ok?"
"I love all the ingredients except the mustard. I havent made this yet but I would never put mustard in potato salad. Im from PA and the best is a sweet and sour type of dressing. I will use AC vinegar."