- 2 cups (16 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 8 center-cut bacon or turkey bacon strips, chopped and cooked
- 1/3 cup minced fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons Louisiana-style hot sauce
- Hot cooked waffle-cut fries
- In a small bowl, mix the first five ingredients until blended; refrigerate until serving. Serve with waffle fries. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Reviews for Loaded Baked Potato Dip
"Can't imagine how someone could call this bland!! It was SO flavorful - the hit of my Christmas eve party!! Wasn't sure if I was going to have time to make it but I (and my guests) was so glad that I did. I made it the night before and mixed in the bacon right before serving."
"This is a great dip but like some have mentioned it can be a bit bland. I usually use the full fat versions of sour cream and cheese and only use real pork bacon. I do add some salt if needed."
"Very disappointed. The dip was bland, needed salt. The cheese overpowered the other flavors. I used scallions instead of chives. It did taste a little better warmed up. Tasted better with potato chips instead of waffle-cut fries."
"I slightly varied the ingredients- I used Mexican blend cheese, dried chives and sriracha. So easy to put together while the waffle fries are cooking. It would also be fantastic with a nice sturdy potato chip."
"Delish, Delish great taste and so easy to prepare. What more can you ask for. Thank you and enjoy your day."
"Loved this dip. I used potato chips instead of fries"
"Really loved this with ruffle chips! I used a bit of salt instead of the hot sauce and mixed the dip (without bacon) the night before, let the flavours blend. Then added the bacon at the last minute so it didn't go soggy. Got lots of raves about it!"
"The waffle fries were great with this. It was just so-so with potato chips."