Lo Mein Noodles Recipe
From Phoenix, Arizona, Kay Bergeron reports, "One of the things my husband and I share is a love of Asian food. At the end of the week, I go through the fridge, looking for leftover vegetables and meats to use in my "leftovers chow mein'. If I have leftover spaghetti noodles, I use them to make these stir-fried noodles. Otherwise, I just cook up a fresh pot.
- 2 quarts water
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 package (16 ounces) thin spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 cup fresh snow peas
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- In a Dutch oven, bring water and bouillon to a boil. Add spaghetti. Return to a boil; cook, uncovered, for 6 minutes or until almost tender. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Add soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, five-spice powder and pepper to reserved liquid; set aside. Set spaghetti aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, heat oil until hot. Add onion and saute for 2 minutes. Add peas; saute 2 minutes longer. Stir in reserved spaghetti. Add reserved soy sauce mixture to pan. Simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until liquid has evaporated. Sprinkle with green onions. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Lo Mein Noodles in Light & Tasty October/November 2003, p42
Reviews for Lo Mein Noodles(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 22, 2011
I add carrots and water chestnuts and red pepper flakes, also reduce five spice to 1 tea.
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >