Lo-Cal Molasses Cookies
"Whenever we want a super snack, I bake up a batch of these yummy molasses cookies," says Kim Marie Van Rheenen, field editor from Mendota, Illinois. "They have pretty crackled tops and soft centers."
60 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 40 min.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a bowl, beat oil, molasses, 1/4 cup sugar and egg. Combine flour,
- baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and cloves; add to molasses mixture
- and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in remaining sugar. Place on ungreased
- baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until cookies
- are set and surface cracks. Yield: 5 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: One cookie equals 41 calories, 2 g fat (0 saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 44 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.