Lo-Cal Molasses Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Beat oil, molasses, 1/4 cup sugar and egg until blended. In a separate bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and spices; add to molasses mixture and mix well. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours.
- 2. Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in remaining sugar. Place 1 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake until cookies are set and tops are cracked, 8-10 minutes. Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 cookie: 69 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 73mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Lo-Cal Molasses Cookies
"These cookies are terrible. There is too much baking soda in them! Do not make these cookies!"
"These cookies were a nice little treat, not too sweet. However, I don't know how the writer got 60 cookies out of this recipe, unless she made them pea size. Even doubling the recipe, I got about 4 1/2 dozen. I will definitely make these again although I may try replacing the sugar mixed into the recipe with Splenda and just use regular sugar to roll the cookies in."