"Whenever we want a super snack, I bake up a batch of these yummy molasses cookies," says Kim Marie Van Rheenen, field editor from Mendota, Illinois. "They have pretty crackled tops and soft centers."
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a bowl, beat oil, molasses, 1/4 cup sugar and egg. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and cloves; add to molasses mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; roll in remaining sugar. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are set and surface cracks. Yield: 5 dozen.
Originally published as Lo-Cal Molasses Cookies in Taste of Home October/November 1998, p17
Reviews for Lo-Cal Molasses Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review