- 1/2 pound sliced bacon
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon onion salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 pound beef liver
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large onions, thinly sliced
- Green pepper rings, optional
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to a paper towel to drain; reserve drippings in skillet. Combine flour and half of the garlic salt, onion salt and pepper. Cut liver into 2-in. x 1/2-in. strips; dredge in the flour mixture, coating well. Lightly brown liver in drippings. Add potatoes and onion. Sprinkle with remaining seasonings; cook until the potatoes are browned and tender, stirring occasionally. Crumble bacon over top. Garnish with green pepper rings if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Liver Skillet Supper
"Good with venison liver."
"I tried this with some liver I had in the freezer from a half beef I had. Not our type of meal I guess. We didn't like it."
"II bought Beef liver at the store when I meant to buy chicken liver. Well, I looked up this recipe and made it right away, it is delicious!! I cooked it in coconut oil instead of bacon. The meat is so tender!!! Even people who thought they did not like Beef Liver have liked this, me included!!Thank you!!"
"I myself have NEVER liked liver but my husband is just the opposite. This recipe has changed my mind. I even went back for a second helping! It is really good! I think that the bacon and potatoes make it so good. You really have to try it!! I have found out from others that soaking the liver strips in milk for a couple of hours takes that bitter taste away. Believe me, it is even good cold!!!"
"I like liver, my husband does not. I'd like to think the liver does not *stand out* in this dish before making it. Has anyone tried it with satisfying results?"