Liver Skillet Supper Recipe
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon onion salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 pound beef liver
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large onions, thinly sliced
- Green pepper rings, optional
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to a paper towel to drain; reserve drippings in skillet. Combine flour and half of the garlic salt, onion salt and pepper. Cut liver into 2-in. x 1/2-in. strips; dredge in the flour mixture, coating well. Lightly brown liver in drippings. Add potatoes and onion. Sprinkle with remaining seasonings; cook until the potatoes are browned and tender, stirring occasionally. Crumble bacon over top. Garnish with green pepper rings if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Liver Skillet Supper(3)
Sort By :
II bought Beef liver at the store when I meant to buy chicken liver. Well, I looked up this recipe and made it right away, it is delicious!! I cooked it in coconut oil instead of bacon. The meat is so tender!!! Even people who thought they did not like Beef Liver have liked this, me included!!
I myself have NEVER liked liver but my husband is just the opposite. This recipe has changed my mind. I even went back for a second helping! It is really good! I think that the bacon and potatoes make it so good. You really have to try it!! I have found out from others that soaking the liver strips in milk for a couple of hours takes that bitter taste away. Believe me, it is even good cold!!!
I like liver, my husband does not. I'd like to think the liver does not *stand out* in this dish before making it. Has anyone tried it with satisfying results?