Little Texas Corn Bread
Cheddar cheese, cream-style corn and green chilies dress up ordinary corn bread. Generous slices taste great with a bowl of chili. A friend gave me this recipe.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, cheese and baking powder. In
- another bowl, combine the eggs, corn, sour cream, oil and chilies.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 400° for
- 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 337 calories, 24 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 408 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.