Cheddar cheese, cream-style corn and green chilies dress up ordinary corn bread. Generous slices taste great with a bowl of chili. A friend gave me this recipe.
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, cheese and baking powder. In another bowl, combine the eggs, corn, sour cream, oil and chilies. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Little Texas Corn Bread in Best of Country Breads 2000, p26
Reviews for Little Texas Corn Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review