Little Snail Rolls Recipe
- 2 tubes (11 ounces each) refrigerated breadsticks
- 12 pretzel sticks, broken into fourths
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water
- Poppy seeds or sesame seeds, optional
- 1. Separate dough into 24 breadsticks. For each snail, gently roll one breadstick into an 8-in. rope. Place on an ungreased baking sheet; coil 6-1/2 in. of the rope. Slightly separate remaining portion of dough from the coil and curl upward; add two pretzel pieces for antennae.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat egg yolk and water. Brush over dough. Sprinkle with poppy or sesame seeds if desired. Bake at 375° for 10-13 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
2 each: 81 calories, 2g fat (trace saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 203mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (1g sugars, trace fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Little Snail Rolls
"Will be using this idea at my annual Summertime gardening club brunch. So easy...thanks for the creative idea as well as the recipe."