Little Snail Rolls Recipe
Snails aren't always slow. My daughter and I made these fun coiled rolls together in a half hour. Later, at the party, they disappeared even faster!
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 2 tubes (11 ounces each) refrigerated breadsticks
- 12 pretzel sticks, broken into fourths
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water
- Poppy seeds or sesame seeds, optional
- 1. Separate dough into 24 breadsticks. For each snail, gently roll one breadstick into an 8-in. rope. Place on an ungreased baking sheet; coil 6-1/2 in. of the rope. Slightly separate remaining portion of dough from the coil and curl upward; add two pretzel pieces for antennae.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat egg yolk and water. Brush over dough. Sprinkle with poppy or sesame seeds if desired. Bake at 375° for 10-13 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 81 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 203 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC