Little Snail Rolls
Snails aren't always slow. My daughter and I made these fun coiled rolls together in a half hour. Later, at the party, they disappeared even faster!
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tubes (11 ounces each) refrigerated breadsticks
- 12 pretzel sticks, broken into fourths
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water
- Poppy seeds or sesame seeds, optional
- Separate dough into 24 breadsticks. For each snail, gently roll one
- breadstick into an 8-in. rope. Place on an ungreased baking sheet;
- coil 6-1/2 in. of the rope. Slightly separate remaining portion of
- dough from the coil and curl upward; add two pretzel pieces for
- In a small bowl, beat egg yolk and water. Brush over dough. Sprinkle
- with poppy or sesame seeds if desired. Bake at 375° for 10-13
- minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 81 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 203 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.