- 2 tubes (11 ounces each) refrigerated breadsticks
- 12 pretzel sticks, broken into fourths
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water
- Poppy seeds or sesame seeds, optional
- Separate dough into 24 breadsticks. For each snail, gently roll one breadstick into an 8-in. rope. Place on an ungreased baking sheet; coil 6-1/2 in. of the rope. Slightly separate remaining portion of dough from the coil and curl upward; add two pretzel pieces for antennae.
- In a small bowl, beat egg yolk and water. Brush over dough. Sprinkle with poppy or sesame seeds if desired. Bake at 375° for 10-13 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Little Snail Rolls in Country Woman May 2007, p27
Reviews for Little Snail Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 4, 2014
"Will be using this idea at my annual Summertime gardening club brunch. So easy...thanks for the creative idea as well as the recipe."