Little Piggy Sugar Cookies
Dessert took shape with a platter of made-from-scratch Little Piggy Sugar Cookies. The dough can be mixed in a flash and is easy to roll and cut.
48 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Tinted frosting
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, milk and extract. Combine the flour and baking
- powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and
- refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness.
- Cut out with a 3-in. pig-shaped cookie cutter dipped in flour. Place
- 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Remove to wire racks to cool. Outline cutouts with tinted frosting.
- Yield: about 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 76 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 49 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.