Our Test Kitchen used a combination of fat-free and reduced-fat dairy products in these creamy orange-flavored cups. Try substituting gingersnaps for the chocolate wafers to create a super-crisp variation.
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 12 chocolate wafers
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over milk; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar substitute, orange peel and vanilla until smooth. Gradually beat in gelatin mixture. Fold in 2 cups whipped topping.
- Place chocolate wafers in foil-lined muffin cups. Top each with 1/2 cup cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set. Gently remove foil just before serving; garnish with remaining whipped topping. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Little Orange Dream Cups in Light & Tasty August/September 2007, p63
Reviews for Little Orange Dream Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 13, 2009
"Made these for the birthday of my diabetic in-laws. Drizzled plates with low sugar chocolate syrup, placed cups wafer side up, and garnished with fresh mint. Beautiful and delish!"