Little Mexican Pizzas Recipe
- 1 package (13 ounces) whole wheat English muffins, split
- 3/4 cup fat-free refried beans
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Spread cut sides of muffins with refried beans; top with salsa, olives, onions, chilies and cheese.
- 2. Place on baking sheets; broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 pizza equals 129 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 368 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.