Little Meat Loaves Recipe
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight loaves.
- 2. Place on a rack coated with cooking spray in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Spoon ketchup over the loaves. Bake 15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and meat is no longer pink. Yield: 8 servings.
1/4 pound: 264 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 633mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.