Little Meat Loaves
"I've wanted to reduce the fat in my meat loaf for many years, so I finally came up with this recipe," explains Paul Soper of Sierra Vista, Arizona. "By starting with lean ground beef and not adding any milk or egg yolks, I reduced the total fat considerably. Making individual loaves cuts the cooking time by almost half," he adds.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Crumble beef over
- mixture and mix well. Shape into eight loaves.
- Place on a rack coated with cooking spray in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Spoon ketchup over the
- loaves. Bake 15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads
- 160° and meat is no longer pink. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals 264 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 633 mg sodium,