Little Italy Pignoli Cookies
Almond paste in these Italian pignoli (meaning pine nut) cookies gives these morsels an exceptional flavor, a real treat served with a hot chocolate or coffee beverage. — Fran Green
60 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 cup almond paste
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a small bowl, beat almond paste, egg
- white and honey until crumbly. Gradually add confectioners' sugar;
- mix well.
- Place pine nuts in a small bowl. Shape teaspoonfuls of dough into
- balls. Roll in pine nuts. Place 1 in. apart on parchment paper-lined
- baking sheets. Flatten slightly.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 1 minute before
- removing from pans to wire racks. Store in an airtight container.
- Yield: 5 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 34 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.