Little Italy Deviled Eggs
Mi amore! We're in love with these simple deviled eggs with sun-dried tomatoes and fresh basil. One taste, and we guarantee you'll declare your affection, too! —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 Eggland's Best® Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash each salt and pepper
- Fresh basil leaves
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set whites aside. In a
- small bowl, mash yolks. Add the mayonnaise, walnuts, tomatoes,
- cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper; mix well. Stuff into egg
- whites. Refrigerate until serving.
- Just before serving, garnish with basil. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 stuffed egg half equals 95 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 108 mg cholesterol, 84 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.