Little Holiday Cakes
This recipe came from a college friend some 25 years ago. People are surprised to find jam sandwiched between the flaky pie crust and sweet cake topped with frosting. The combination is a real winner.
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 package red velvet cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Red and green sprinkles
- Roll pastry to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut twenty-four 2-1/2-in. circles.
- Press onto the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides of greased muffin
- cups. Top each with 1 teaspoon jam; set aside.
- Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions for cupcakes.
- Fill prepared muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks to cool completely. Frost with vanilla frosting
- and decorate with sprinkles. Yield: 2 dozen.