Little Holiday Cakes Recipe
This recipe came from a college friend some 25 years ago. People are surprised to find jam sandwiched between the flaky pie crust and sweet cake topped with frosting. The combination is a real winner.
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 package red velvet cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Red and green sprinkles
- 1. Roll pastry to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut twenty-four 2-1/2-in. circles. Press onto the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides of greased muffin cups. Top each with 1 teaspoon jam; set aside.
- 2. Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions for cupcakes. Fill prepared muffin cups three-fourths full.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Frost with vanilla frosting and decorate with sprinkles. Yield: 2 dozen.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC