My college friend shared this cupcake recipe that has pie crust on the bottom, raspberry jam in the middle and cake on top—scrumptious for a buffet or potluck. —Dana Beckstrom, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 package red velvet cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Red and green sprinkles
- Roll pastry to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut twenty-four 2-1/2-in. circles. Press onto the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides of greased muffin cups. Top each with 1 teaspoon jam; set aside.
- Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions for cupcakes. Fill prepared muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Frost with vanilla frosting and decorate with sprinkles. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Little Holiday Cakes in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2006, p57
Reviews for Little Holiday Cakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review