Little Girl Pies Recipe
My grandma often baked these delicious "pies" as a special treat for me. Whenever I make them for my own children, I relive those wonderful days with Grandma. Anyone who likes raisins is sure to love this recipe!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup raisins
- 1. In a bowl, cream sugar and shortening until light and fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; mix well. Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture and beat well. Chill.
- 2. Meanwhile, for filling, combine sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan. Add water; stir until smooth. Add raisins; cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil and is thickened, about 3 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- 3. Divide chilled dough into thirds. On a lightly floured surface, roll one portion to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut into 3-in. circles. Using a thimble, cut small holes in the center of half of the circles. Place 1 teaspoon filling on solid circles; top each with a circle that has a hole. Pinch edges together to seal. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.
- 4. Place on ungreased baking sheets; bake at 375° for 15-17 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen cookies.
1 serving (1 each) equals 177 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 122 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC