Little Dixie Pound Cake
When my great-grandson and I eat dinner together, we're always happy to share this delightful dessert.Ruby Williams, Bogalusa, Louisiana
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- Pinch baking soda
- 7 teaspoons buttermilk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon orange extract
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg. Combine flour
- and baking soda; add alternately with buttermilk to creamed mixture.
- Blend in extracts. Pour into a greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in.
- loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until cake tests
- done. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from the pan to cool on a wire
- rack. Yield: 1 mini loaf.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 107 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 66 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.