Little Dixie Pound Cake Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Pinch baking soda
- 7 teaspoons buttermilk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon orange extract
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg. Combine flour and baking soda; add alternately with buttermilk to creamed mixture. Blend in extracts. Pour into a greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from the pan to cool on a wire rack. Yield: 1 mini loaf.
1 slice: 107 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 66mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Little Dixie Pound Cake
"Fantastic! and just the right size. Thanks for sharing recipe."
"My husband and I loved this delicious little pound cake! It was so easy to make and just the right size for the two of us. I will definitely make it again!"
"This is just perfect for the two of us..and it is wonderful with strawberries and whipped cream on top."
"this is the perfect recipe for pound cake"
"How much is a pinch? An 1/8 tsp., less or more, I am confused. Need answer right away...Becki Cooper, Winston, OR."
"I use all vanilla extract when making this. It makes just enough for my husband and I to each enjoy dessert without going overboard with a big cake. Not that we couldn't eat the big cake, but this helps us "be good" without feeling deprived."