Little Dixie Pound Cake Recipe
When my great-grandson and I eat dinner together, we're always happy to share this delightful dessert.—Ruby Williams, Bogalusa, Louisiana
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Pinch baking soda
- 7 teaspoons buttermilk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon orange extract
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg. Combine flour and baking soda; add alternately with buttermilk to creamed mixture. Blend in extracts. Pour into a greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from the pan to cool on a wire rack. Yield: 1 mini loaf.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 107 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 66 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Little Dixie Pound Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC