- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Pinch baking soda
- 7 teaspoons buttermilk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon orange extract
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg. Combine flour and baking soda; add alternately with buttermilk to creamed mixture. Blend in extracts. Pour into a greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from the pan to cool on a wire rack. Yield: 1 mini loaf.
Reviews for Little Dixie Pound Cake
Sort By :
"This is just perfect for the two of us..and it is wonderful with strawberries and whipped cream on top."
"this is the perfect recipe for pound cake"
"How much is a pinch? An 1/8 tsp., less or more, I am confused. Need answer right away...Becki Cooper, Winston, OR."
"I use all vanilla extract when making this. It makes just enough for my husband and I to each enjoy dessert without going overboard with a big cake. Not that we couldn't eat the big cake, but this helps us "be good" without feeling deprived."