Little Cherry Pies Recipe
Straight from our Test Kitchen, this version of America's all-time favorite dessert is a perfect fit for two. A can of red cherries, refrigerated pie pastry and a few kitchen staples are all you'll need to make the tiny pies.
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) pitted tart red cherries
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon red liquid food coloring, optional
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1. Drain cherries, reserving 1/3 cup juice. In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in water and reserved juice until smooth. Add cherries. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in the butter, extract and food coloring if desired. Cool.
- 2. Roll out pastry into a 13-in. circle. Cut a 13-in. x 8-in. rectangle from center of circle. Cut widthwise in half; transfer each half to a 5-in. pie plate. Trim pastry even with edge. Add filling. Cut remaining pastry lengthwise into 1/2-in. strips; make a lattice crust for each pie. Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 2 pies.
1 each: 786 calories, 32g fat (14g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 532mg sodium, 119g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Little Cherry Pies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC