Little Cheddar Meat Loaves
Paula Petersen in Granite City, Illinois says her recipe for cheesy meat-loaf cups is “great when you have a craving for meat loaf but no time to bake it. My husband and I just love these served with au gratin or fried potatoes.”
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 4 teaspoons ketchup
- 4 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, oats, ketchup and onion. Crumble
- beef over mixture and mix well. Coat four muffin cups with cooking
- spray; fill three-fourths full with meat mixture. Spread ketchup
- over loaves.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes
- longer or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads
- 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before removing from muffin cups.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 meat loaves equals 343 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 190 mg cholesterol, 463 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat,