Paula Petersen in Granite City, Illinois says her recipe for cheesy meat-loaf cups is “great when you have a craving for meat loaf but no time to bake it. My husband and I just love these served with au gratin or fried potatoes.”
Recommended: 47 Meals Your Toddler Will Devour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 4 teaspoons ketchup
- 4 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, oats, ketchup and onion. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Coat four muffin cups with cooking spray; fill three-fourths full with meat mixture. Spread ketchup over loaves.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before removing from muffin cups. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Little Cheddar Meat Loaves in Cooking for 2 Winter 2006, p24
Reviews for Little Cheddar Meat Loaves
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 2, 2012
"Husband calls it tasty, high praise from him. Have made it many times in ramikins."
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2008
"Even though I sprayed the muffin tins, these stuck to the pan and fell apart when I tried to take them out."