Paula Petersen in Granite City, Illinois says her recipe for cheesy meat-loaf cups is “great when you have a craving for meat loaf but no time to bake it. My husband and I just love these served with au gratin or fried potatoes.”
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 4 teaspoons ketchup
- 4 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, oats, ketchup and onion. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Coat four muffin cups with cooking spray; fill three-fourths full with meat mixture. Spread ketchup over loaves.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before removing from muffin cups. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Little Cheddar Meat Loaves in Cooking for 2 Winter 2006, p24
Reviews for Little Cheddar Meat Loaves
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review